INTRODUCTION - This college was started in the academic session 1961-62 under the management of the "CHHATTISGARH KALYAN SAMITI" with the co-operation & support of Senior Advocates of Durg Distt. Bar Association. So far as the results of this college are concerned, it is having a very good record in Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University Examinations from the very inception itself.
2. TEACHING STAFF - Eminent, Qualified Astt. Professors & Sr. Advocates having teaching experience of 15 to 40 years and standing at bar are devoting their valuable time to teach the law students of this college between 7,00 to 12.00 noon.
3. LIBRARY - This College has a very good library woth about Rs. 5,00,000/- with more than 6,000 volumes of useful books on different subjects of law. More over our library is enriched with several periodicals. Law magazines, AIR, Civil, Criminal, Labour & service law etc. in addition to that our library has books for different competitive examinations.
4. Admission in LL.B. First, Third & Vth semesters classes will be stated immediately from the date of previous exam is over. Provisional admission can be given to higher class to those students who got supplementary in annual examination subject to the condition that the provisional admission will be made regular after passing the examination of the lower class.
5. Application Form for admission can be obtained along with College Prospectus from the office of the Kalyan Law College between 8.00 am to 11.00 am on all working days on payment of Rs.150.00.
6. The student who took admission once in any class and have completed the course and whose admission cards for university exam were received are entitled to appear as an ex-student. Such students shall not be allowed to seek admission in the same class.
7. The students who have been elected as office bearers of the students union will contact only to the professor in charge or the Principal regarding the matters petaining, to the union. The office bearers of the union will in no case interfere in the administration of the college directly.
8. Railway concession will be issued twice during academic session ie. in winter and summer vacation that too only to visit their hometown to meet their parents as declared by the students in the admission form. Students desire to avail the concession should apply one week before the date of Journey. Students of above 25 years of age are not entitled for concession as per Railway rules.